Will there be any physical activities?
Due to the RIVM measures, all activities of the EBT will take place only this year. There will be no physical activities.
Which activities require a CV to sign up?
|CV & LinkedIn Checks||No*|
|Big Four Accountancy Experience||Yes|
|Company Days | Company Presentation||No|
|Company Days | Workshop||Yes|
|Company Days | Business Lunch / Dinner||Yes|
|Company Days | Individual Conversations||Yes|
|Company Days | Informal Activity||Yes|
* When signing up for a CV and/or LinkedIn check you do not need to upload your CV. Please make sure your CV is ready before the start of the CV checks.
Which activities are relevant for me as an international student?
As an international student you can sign up for the Economic Business weeks Tilburg as well. Activities which are provided in English are relevant for you as an international student. For the EBT 2021, available activities in English are:
- Several companies of the CV Checks and the LinkedIn Checks
- The Business Night
- The International Students Track of the Training Day
- The NIBC Case Day
- The FrieslandCampina Case Day
- The Sustainability Symposium
- 39/90 activities of the Company Days. Check out the company profiles which activities are offered in English!
Where will the EBT take place?
This year, the EBT will be organized online. More information about the virtual environment will follow soon on our website and social media channels.
When can I register?
You can register for the EBT 2021 from February 1 until February 25.
What if I am unexpectedly unable to participate?
In case you are unexpectedly unable to participate in an activity, you are able to cancel your registration free of charge until three office days before the activity takes place. This can be done by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by giving a call to +31 (0)13 463 3516. If you do not cancel the activity in time, we will charge fees according to our penalty policy that can be regarded in our Terms and Conditions.
What happens if I don’t show up at an online activity?
If you do not show up at an online activity without cancelling more than three working days before the activity takes place, a fine of €20 will be charged. For every extra activity where you do not show up, an extra €5 will be charged. For more information, visit the registration and costs page.
What are the costs of the EBT and how do I pay?
In order to serve students of Tilburg University in the best way possible, we charge small fees for some activities. For an overview of all costs, look at the registration and costs page. You will also receive a free goodie bag at the start of the EBT. The CV/LinkedIn checks, the Training Day, the Business Night and the Sustainability Symposium are free of charge.
When you create an account, you have to enter your IBAN and your IBAN account name. If you check the box for automatic deduction of your registration costs, you agree that we will automatically deduct your registration costs after the EBT. If you have not checked this box, you are required to sign a SEPA direct debit authorisation form. Eventually, the costs will be withdrawn automatically from your bank account. If you are an international student without an IBAN account, you have to pay the registration fee in cash.
Should I upload a Dutch or an English CV?
It depends on the activities that you register for. If you register for English CV activities, make sure to upload an English CV. If you only register for Dutch activities, it is also sufficient if you upload a Dutch CV.
How do I register for activities?
You can register for activities in the following ways:
- ‘Program EBT 2021’ – in the submenu you can find information about specific days and clicking on the ‘Register here!’ button will bring you to the registration page.
- ‘Participating Companies’ – click on a company of your interest and choose an activity to register for.
- You can check your registrations by clicking on your personal button and selecting ‘My Schedule’.
How can I create an account?
- Click on the ‘Register’ button to create an account. Fill in your personal information and upload a profile picture to complete your registration.
Note: if you want to participate in CV-activities, uploading a CV is required.
- Activate your profile by clicking on ‘confirm account’ in the mail which you received in your email, otherwise you will not be able to register for activities.
Note: It can take up to 30 minutes before you have received the confirmation email.
Can I register for activities that take place at the same time?
It is possible to register for multiple activities that will take place at the same time! If this happens, you can rank your preference when registering for an overlapping activity. In this way, we will be able to assign you to your preferred activity in case you are selected for both of them.
Can students from all faculties participate?
All students from Tilburg University are welcome to participate at the Economic Business weeks Tilburg. Students from TiSEM and TSB can participate in all activities, and the companies have stated their interest in specific fields of study. Students from other faculties have the possibility to participate at the CV and LinkedIn checks, Business Night, Training Day, Consultancy Experience, Sustainability Symposium and Company Presentations during the Company Days.